CoinSpot has announced they have been successful in their application to be registered by AUSTRAC to provide exchange services for crypto. As part of Australia’s Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (AML/CTF Act) financial operators need to comply with a number of conditions under the Act. While most bitcoin and...
  • Google follows Facebook in banning ads for cryptocurrencies

    Back at the end of January, Facebook banned ads promoting cryptocurrencies, now the other big advertising juggernaut, Google has followed suit. Google’s director of sustainable ads, Scot Spencer told CNBC that an update to its financial services ad policy will place a ban on any Adsense advertising about crypto....
  • Boost Juice can’t find their first Bitcoin winner

    If you’re name is Michael, you may be the proud owner of 1BTC (about A$13,500). Boost Juice have announced their first winner of their new Bitcoin giveaway, but there’s a problem, they can’t get a reply from him, let’s hope he’s not busy drinking away his winnings. Boost Juice’s...
  • Boost Juice is giving away 4 Bitcoin, you can win 1

    Yesterday was my 36th birthday and as is now the annual tradition, I headed to Boost Juice for a free Boost (original Energy Lift for those playing at home). Along with the purchase I was handed a Bitcoin Boost card. The promotion from Boost Juice will give away 4...
  • This visualisation of the Blockchain is nothing short of incredible!

    In 2008, Satoshi Nakamoto released a whitepaper on blockchain, a technology that has been popularised by cryptocurrency, Bitcoin and now thousands of alternative coins. The technical explanation is one that’s hard for most of the general public to get their heads around, so when people start saying Bitcoin, powered by blockchain...
  • NiceHash refunds users only 10% of hack balance, IOU for the other 90%

    NiceHash is the gift that keeps on giving. After the service was famously hacked in December, the founders (minus their CEO) committed to refund the stolen balances from user’s NiceHash wallets. The refund date was publicised as 31st January, 2018. A quick glance at the calendar shows we just...
  • Redfoo is now a programmer working on the Ethereum blockchain?

    Redfoo shot to popularity in the mid-2000s as part of LMFAO, but turn the clock forward 10 years and you’ll be surprised to learn Redfoo is now a programmer and is currently working on an Ethereum project. Yep, how times change. The question about Redfoo came from math genius...
  • NiceHash is addicted to screwing over their users

    NiceHash is/was one of the most popular mining services available, thanks to its technology that automatically switches to mine the most profitable cryptocurrency. After a quick client install and dropping in your Bitcoin address, you’re away and mining, trading PC cycles (and power) for alt coin mining returns, paid...
  • ABC Radio now including Bitcoin price in news bulletins

    This morning I was driving and had the radio tuned to 100.90, our local ABC Radio station when something fairly noteworthy happened. As the presenter read out the currency values and exchange rates for AUD to US dollarrs, the price of gold, S&P changes, it was the final data...
  • Watch Big Bang Theory try to explain Bitcoin

    The Big Bang Theory is one of the most popular sitcoms in the US, and around the world. When we heard a future episode would include content around cryptocurrency Bitcoin, it got us exciting and concerned about them doing justice in explaining the fairly complicated subject to a mass...

Popular Posts