Smash hit photography app, Instagram has been released on Android today. While discussions had spread that it was going to be even better than the iOS version, for the most part, its the same photo-filtering and sharing goodness. The most important part of this release is not the app itself, but rather the market it opens up.
Android owners now number in the millions and until now Instagram had been an iOS exclusive. Today Instagram users are seeing a massive influx of new friends on the service with the introduction of Android support. With almost 15k 5 star reviews, Android users are clearly impressed with the app. It is of course, not without competition, Instagram will need to continue to iterate to stay ahead of the competition.
- 100% free custom designed filters and borders
- Lux works its magic by making your photos more vibrant and brings out details in your photos you couldn’t see before
- Instant sharing to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Foursquare (Flickr coming very soon)
- Interact with friends through giving & receiving likes and comments
- Works with Android versions 2.2 and above that support OpenGL ES 2
- Full front & back camera support
Check out the gallery of hands-on images below.
Get the app now from Google Play.