Despite the official release of the Governments 400 page business plan for the NBN being schedule for release at 1pm, details are already emerging.
- Uniform wholesale access price for 12Mbps (1Mbps upload) of $24 per month
- Government equity requirement will be $27.5 billion
- Annual revenue forecast at $5.8 billion in FY2021, $7.6 billion in FY2025
- NBN Co is forecasting positive operating earnings from FY2018, and positive net income in FY2021
- NBN Co will seek funding from the capital markets from FY2015
- Network construction to take 9.5 years
- 120 Points of Interconnect
- NBN will cover 13 million premises by 2021
The speeds vs wholesale pricing will vary significantly as the table below suggest.
From a Media Release (embargoed till noon today), all the details above are flooding twitter.