Last night Telstra introduced their new $13 million Experience Centre (TEC) at the Melbourne headquarters. “The new complex features 16 demonstration areas that showcase technologies in action, two user-testing laboratories and two product design areas.”
Melbourne Telstra Experience Centre
- The Melbourne Telstra Experience Centre is a twin centre to the Sydney facility opened in November 2007. The TEC Sydney has tripled its customer traffic numbers in 3 years of operations with more than 1000 customer visits last year.
- Telstra has invested more than $13 million to build the centre which was built in 190 days with a total of 80 construction workers onsite during the build.
- The centre covers a total of 3,055 square metres, making it Telstra’s largest customer facility showcasing products, video-conferencing technology and innovative customer solutions.
- The centre houses Australia’s first Micro Tile Media Wall, the largest of its type in the southern hemisphere with a 20 metre wide digital display.
- The Experience and Collaboration zones cover 2,185 square metres and the 8 video conferencing demonstration rooms covering 870 square metres;
- More than 40km of cabling in the centre with 897 data points.
- 8km of fibre optic cabling in the wall of the New Horizon room;
- More than 80 Telstra product and solutions can be demonstrated;
- More than 30,000 lines of control code to automate the centre;
Inside the centre
- The Experience Labs are three dedicated rooms that can be transformed into any environment to support tailored and interactive demonstrations of Telstra products and solutions using state-of-the-art audio and video technology.
- The Connected Home is a room showcasing the seamless integration of broadband access, devices, applications and services in the home environment.
- Digital Business is a real-life small business scenario that demonstrates how Telstra services can connect a shop floor, back office and its mobile workers using the latest digital business technology.
- Polycom Real Presence provides life-size high definition video conferencing in a board room setting.
- Cisco TelePresence is immersive high definition video conferencing that can connect to multiple locations for life-like meetings.
- Two Usability Labs which allow customers to interact with technology, providing Telstra the opportunity to capture expectations and shape Telstra’s future technology.
- Two Product Design rooms provide a collaborative space to provide project teams the opportunity immerse the project team in product design.
- Eight dedicated high tech video conferencing facilities, providing a customer demonstration area that shows Telstra’s entire capability in this space, from desktop ‘web’ based video conferencing through to fully integrated and customised boardroom and telepresence rooms.
Check out the video below for a walkthrough or go check it out next time your near Exhibition st, Melbourne.