6tag is one of the most fully featured Instagram apps for Windows Phone and has just been released. The app recently got a quick name change from 6tagram after Instagram decided it owns the words ‘Insta’ and ‘Gram’ and stopped developers from using them in app titles. So with that mess in the past, the new 6tag is actually a great Windows Phone app. It has support for uploading of pictures and videos, applying filters, tags, search and explore and plenty more.
The app utilises a simply swipe gesture to turn over the photo card and receive different options like sharing or downloading. Here’s some of the other features available in the app, but better than reading, why don’t you find the nearest Windows Phone and try it out for yourself. The app is free, with in-app purchases to remove them.
• 100% original filters: XPro-II, Earlybird, Rise, Amaro, Hudson, Lo-fi, Sutro, Toaster, Brannan, Inkwell, Walden, Hefe, Nashville, 1977, and others.
• Video recording with cut scenes
• Linear and Radial Tilt-Shift blur effects for extra depth of field.
• Instant sharing to Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr and Foursquare, VK
• Unlimited picture uploads
• geotag your posts
• Interact with friends through giving & receiving likes and comments
• Front & Back camera support
The app starts off with a login screen and beautiful video background. Then provides a quick tutorial on how to swipe for extra options. The UI is clean, slick and the app performance is great. If Instagram ever made a Windows Phone app, it’d be hard to beat 6tag.