Canon’s new entry-level DSLR is the 550D which is positioned between the 500D (which I just bought, thanks Canon), and the 50D. Differences between the 500D and the 550D are fairly slim, so I’m not too heartbroken with my purchase.
Canon 550D features
- 18 Megapixels (up from 15.1)
- Full HD video at 30/25/24 fps (up from 20fps)
- In-camera ‘Movie crop’ (“An SD quality movie can be cropped to the equivalent of approx. 7x magnification of regular shooting”)
- 3” high-res LCD – 1,040,000 dots (up from 920,000 dots)
- Support for new SDXC memory cards
Other than that, specs between the 500D and 550 are basically the same.
No pricing has been announced, with release scheduled for later this month.
DP Review has their comparison up, go check it out – http://www.dpreview.com/previews/CanonEOS550D/
More info @ Canon