Codemasters have confirmed the release of Dirt 4, the latest in a long line of rally titles for the company. Dirt 4 will be released on PS4, Xbox One and PC in June this year.
Codemaster’s says ‘It’s bigger. It’s better. It’s bolder than ever before. IT’S DIRT 4.’ DiRT 4 will feature a new system called Your Stage. This allows you to create your own rally routes to produce an almost-infinite number of unique stages at the press of a button. You choose your location and set the route parameters, then Your Stage does the hard work to create a unique rally stage that you can race, share with your friends, and then challenge them to beat your time. Your Stage allows experienced rally players to create longer, more technical routes, whilst newcomers can create simpler shorter routes as they hone their skills.
While further details will arrive closer to the release date, its a safe bet this will support VR, building on what was achieved with Dirt Rally last year.
The official press release provides more detail on the games features and vehicles.
- OVER 50 OF THE MOST BREATH-TAKING OFF-ROAD CARS EVER BUILT – Including Ford Fiesta R5, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI, Subaru WRX STI NR4 and Audi Sport quattro S1 E2
- 5 INCREDIBLE RALLY LOCATIONS WITH MILLIONS OF ROUTES – Australia, Spain, Michigan, Sweden & Wales
- THE OFFICIAL GAME OF THE FIA WORLD RALLYCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP – Race at Montalegre, Lohéac Bretagne, Hell, Holjes & Lydden Hill in a multitude of different series
- LANDRUSH – Short-course dirt track racing in Pro Buggies, Pro-2 Trucks, Pro-4 Trucks and Crosskart vehicles in California, Nevada and Mexico
- JOYRIDE – Laptime challenges, smash challenges, free-play area and send challenges to friends
- DiRT ACADEMY – Taking place at the DirtFish Rally School in Washington, USA, learn the skills, techniques and practice to become the best!
- CAREER MODE – create your driver, compete across the disciplines, gain sponsors and build your team with clear goals and rewards
- COMPETITIVE GAMING – Daily, weekly and month-long challenges against fellow players from around the world
- NEXT GENERATION OF RACENET – Live ladder, leagues and tournaments, cross-platform leaderboards, enhanced CREST telemetry system
- TUNING – Tweak your set-up based on vehicle, track and weather conditions to best suit your racing style
- DAMAGE & REPAIRS – Wear and tear is faithfully recreated with an improved and realistic damage model. Damage can be repaired by hiring Engineers to work in the team’s Service Area between stages but with a finite amount of time available.
In the Facebook comments for the announcement post, Codemaster’s reveal more detail on the development in responding to fans.
The experience of DiRT 4 comes two ways, with gamer handling and sim handling. Gamer is like DiRT 3 but better, and Sim is DiRT Rally but better. 😀 Kris Meeke and Petter Solberg helped us developed the sim handling… and did we mention there’s a near infinite amount of tracks?
The sim handling model returns with the experience of three off-road FIA World Championships. And almost unlimited stages. It’s like DiRT Rally on crack.
We’ve worked with Kris Meeke and Petter Solberg to get the sim handling even better.
Your Stage means you can generate a near infinite amount of stages across 5 different environments, and Rally and RX is joined by Landrush and Joyride too.
More information at blog.codemasters.com/