The Dirt franchise is now well established and Codemasters have just released their latest gameplay trailer for the upcoming title.
Dirt 4 will be available from June 4th, 2017 and is available on Xbox One, PC/Steam and PS4. Until then you can wet our tastebuds by stepping through each frame of the new gameplay trailer. There’s actually a lot to take in, but here’s the things you should know.
The song in the clip, ‘Instigators’ by Grace Potter, is one of the many, many songs that’ll form the soundtrack to the game, which is achieved thanks to an exclusive partnership with Globe, Universal Music UK’s in-house sync team. The agreement with Globe will see over 40 licensed tracks appear throughout the game, matching DiRT’s unique style and tone and includes exclusive tracks from artists such as The Amazons, Sigma, Freak and Pretty Vicious alongside tracks from The Chemical Brothers, Disclosure, Queens Of The Stone Age and Bastille.
DiRT 4 challenges you to jump behind the wheel of more than 50 iconic off road vehicles in rally, rallycross and landrush. There’s a brand new DiRT Academy will teach you the skills you need in order to reach the top of the sport and also becomes your own off-road playground.
The game now appeals to both casual and hardcore racers with two different handling models, Gamer and Simulation. For those of us with racing simulators like the GT Ultimate V2 with Logitech G920 wheel and pedals, the simulation mode always appreciated, while the Gamer mode will accommodate new players.
Codemasters are very proud of their new innovative Your Stage system which allows you to produce a near infinite number of unique rally stages at the touch of a button. Your Stage allows experienced rally players to create longer, more technical routes, whilst newcomers can create simpler shorter routes as they hone their skills.
Dirt 4 Features:
- OVER 50 OF THE MOST BREATH-TAKING OFF-ROAD CARS EVER BUILT – Including Ford Fiesta R5, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI, Subaru WRX STI NR4 and Audi Sport quattro S1 E2
- 5 INCREDIBLE RALLY LOCATIONS WITH MILLIONS OF ROUTES – Australia, Spain, Michigan, Sweden & Wales
- THE OFFICIAL GAME OF THE FIA WORLD RALLYCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP– Race at Montalegre, Lohéac Bretagne, Hell, Holjes & Lydden Hill in a multitude of different series
- LANDRUSH – Short-course dirt track racing in Pro Buggies, Pro-2 Trucks, Pro-4 Trucks and Crosskart vehicles in California, Nevada and Mexico
- JOYRIDE– Laptime challenges, smash challenges, free-play area and send challenges to friends
- DiRT ACADEMY – Taking place at the DirtFish Rally School in Washington, USA, learn the skills, techniques and practice to become the best!
- CAREER MODE – create your driver, compete across the disciplines, gain sponsors and build your team with clear goals and rewards
- COMPETITIVE GAMING – Daily, weekly and month-long challenges against fellow players from around the world
- NEXT GENERATION OF RACENET – Live ladder, leagues and tournaments, cross-platform leaderboards, enhanced CREST telemetry system
- TUNING – Tweak your set-up based on vehicle, track and weather conditions to best suit your racing style
- DAMAGE & REPAIRS – Wear and tear is faithfully recreated with an improved and realistic damage model. Damage can be repaired by hiring Engineers to work in the team’s Service Area between stages but with a finite amount of time available.