It’s now been 3 years since the announcement of Windows 7 and to kick off Microsoft’s Build conference, Steven Sinofsky started by talking about it’s successes. There’s some impressive numbers thrown out, one of the best news for Microsoft is that Windows 7 has finally surpassed Windows XP in usage.
- Approaching 450 million copies of Windows 7 sold
- Windows 7 consumer usage greater than Windows XP
- 1,502 seamless non-security product code changes delivered
- IE9 is the fastest growing Windows 7 browser
- 542 Million people signing into Windows Live services
- 1500 non-security related changes since launch
Stay tuned for more information from Build.