Starting November 27th, Evie Networks is trialling a new ‘Tap & Go’ payment option at selected Evie charging sites.
This means you can pay for your Evie charging session at these locations with your credit or debit card as well as the Evie app or RFID card. For more details read the Evie Prices & Payments FAQ.
How much will Tap & Go cost?
- Ultra-Fast Charging (up to 350kW) pricing is 70c per kWh + 0c per minute while charging.
- Super-Fast Charging (up to 150kW) pricing is 65c per kWh + 0c per minute while charging.
- Fast Charging (up to 50kW) pricing is 55c per kWh + 0c per minute while charging.
Locations of the trial – metro Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane
- Belrose Home Co NSW (available now)
- Collingwood Library VIC (coming early 2024)
- Birkdale Fair QLD (coming early 2024)
- Taylors Lakes VIC (coming early 2024)
- Allambie Grove NSW (coming early 2024)
Thanks to Tesla driver Sir Surfalot for sending in photos of the first trial site at Belrose Home Co.
A spokesperson for Evie said they’re testing this out at 5 sites initially over the next few months, just to be sure everything’s running smoothly before they “go big” as they want to make sure they get it right.
They said they’re really diving into this trial to understand things better from both the customers point of view and the companies to make sure it’s a win-win for everyone before they take the plunge into a full-scale rollout.
Evie Networks Head of Public Charging, Bernhard Conoplia commented on the trial:
“We’re giving you the power to choose how you want to pay. Whether you prefer your card, mobile wallet or love the Evie app, this trial helps us understand what works best for you. Your feedback is super important to us as we plan for the future.”