Move over Forza, Gran Turismo, even Mario Kart – yes, even Mario Kart. Project CARS looks to be possibly the greatest car game ever made.
CARS actually stands for something too, Community Assisted Racing Simulator. It holds this name due to the fact that in 2011 it was launched as a community project where anyone could contribute their time with code or ideas for the game. Fast forward to today and it seems to have created possibly the greatest looking, the greatest sounding, the greatest amount of cars, and depending on how you play the game, the greatest car racing game of all time.
PROJECT CARS represents THE ULTIMATE DRIVER JOURNEY…
- FRANCHISE MODE allows you to carve out a personalized career starting in the Karting world and then progressing on to whichever motorsport specialization you prefer including Rally, Touring Cars, Open-Wheel, GT, Le Mans, and many more!
- Play CO-OP with a friend as Driver/Co-Driver
- FULL TEAM MANAGEMENT… Have a large number of friends? Create, manage, and compete together!
- Experience the excitement of PIT STOPS like you’ve never seen before!
- Revolutionary PIT-2-CAR RADIO gives you the strategic advantage
- DYNAMIC Time Of Day & Localized Weather make every race unique and challenging
- 10+ GAME MODES covering every form of motorsport
- CLOUD-BASED SOCIAL NETWORK allows you to connect with friends, compare times & scores, compete and challenge each other, and share content
- USER-GENERATED CONTENT – Create your own liveries, decals, tuning setups, and even events! Then share them with the world – either for free, in-game credits or even real money!
- PUSHING TO THE LIMITS – Advanced physics, lighting, and AI
The game is made by Slightly Mad Studios and is going to be released in 2014 on all current-gen consoles, with no word on next-gen. Oh and guess what – there’s both Mount Panorama to race on and night time racing.
Don’t believe me? Check out the trailer for it below, and make sure the volume is up because the sound these cars make is amazing.