MG Motors Australia has confirmed Australian pricing for 3 specifications of its new MG 4 electric hatchback. At the time of writing their website has not been updated to match their media release.
This includes a surprise top spec model that has 530km WLTP range for $55,990 plus on-road costs.
This compares favourably with the competing Cupra Born hatchback which sells for $59990 plus on roads and has a 511km WLTP range.
A cheaper 51kWh model and a more premium all-wheel-drive X-Power MG4 version are under consideration for Australia.
The three Australian specification levels of the MG4 are priced at:
- $44,990 plus on-road costs starting price for the 64kWh 450km WLTP Excite
- $47,990 plus on-road costs for 64kWh 435km WLTP Essence
- $55,990 (AUD) plus on-road costs for the 77kWh 530km WLTP Essence
The 64kWh battery is capable of recharging at up to 138kW, with a claimed charge time of only 28 minutes from 10% – 80% using a 150kW DC rapid charger.
The MG4 EV is the first MG passenger vehicle to use their new Modular Scalable Platform (MSP) that will underpin a new generation of MGs, featuring rear-wheel drive, 50:50 weight distribution and thin battery technology.
Interestingly MG says because the MG4 is built on MSP it allows integration with future technologies, including battery swap systems.
The MG4 EV is covered by a 7-year unlimited kilometre warranty as standard.
There will be six exterior colour options: Dover White, Brixton Blue, Black Pearl (Metallic), Camden Grey (Metallic), Dynamic Red (Tri-Coat) and Volcano Orange (Tri-Coat), Sterling Silver. It is not stated which colours (if any) will incur extra cost.
If MG can get enough supply of RHD MG4’s to import into Australia it will be interesting to see how many they can sell.
Standard Features include:
- MG Pilot: Active Emergency Braking with Pedestrian and Bicycle Detection, Adaptive Cruise Control with Traffic Jam Assist, Intelligent Speed Limit Assist with Traffic Sign Recognition, Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning System, Driver Attention Alert, Intelligent High Beam Assist.
- Integrated, interacting dual screen technology with configurable 7’’ driver display and 10.25” floating infotainment screen
- 1177 litres storage with seats folded and 363 litres with seats in place
- Twin aero rear spoiler
- Black fabric upholstery
- 17’’ aerodynamic alloy wheels with aero covers on 64kWh Excite
- MG iSMART connected car features
- 4-speaker audio system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
Essence spec-level features include:
- MG Pilot advanced driver assistance: Blind Spot Detection, Lane Change Assist, Rear Cross Traffic Alert and Door Opening Warning.
- iSMART system integrates car, internet, and user communication, with voice activation and remote control.
- Satellite navigation, 360-degree parking cameras, height-adjustable loading floor, wireless phone charging, Bluetooth and auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- 18” aerodynamic alloy wheels with aero covers
- Black roof and distinctive rear centre light bar constellation design
- Synthetic leather interior trim with contrasting cloth inserts
- Additional voice control of MG iSMART
- Upgraded 6-speaker 3D system