Gozney recently launched a new, very yellow colourway limited-edition version of its award-winning portable pizza oven and I had the chance to get hands-on.
Roccbox is a restaurant-grade portable oven that can reach 500°C and can cook Neapolitan pizza in just 60 seconds. So popular in Australia, these ovens continue to sell out in just a matter of hours.
The Yellow Roccbox LE went on sale back in March, but many have never seen one, so I’ve put together an unboxing video of the Roccbox to show you what’s included.
Injecting a fun pop of sunshine to any outdoor space, the Yellow Roccbox is the perfect addition to your backyard set-up. The Roccbox Yellow LE combines style and innovative technology, allowing Aussies to cook their favourite pizza, breads, vegetables and meats outdoors.
The Roccbox has a 19mm thick stone floor and dense layers of insulation designed with restaurant oven proportions so you can cook pizza after pizza without a drop in temperature.
This oven offers a dual-fuel choice, while it includes a propane burner, you can optionally add a wood-fire burner to suit your preference.
Each model comes with a Placement Peel free of charge, an essential tool that enables you to take the pizza straight from plate to stone and back again.
While this one makes a bold statement in the yellow, sure to be a conversation starter when you have guests over, the Gozney Roccbox is also offered in Olive, Grey and Black.
- Patented rolling flame technology: The innovative technology recreates a traditional yellow rolling flame, allowing you to experience wood-fired flavours regardless of the fuel used. The high, domed lid shape also means that flames are further away from your food. The Roccbox will consistently cook your pizza toppings to perfection because there are no strip burners or harsh gas flames that can burn your toppings.
- Ultra-thick microporous stone floor: The 19mm thick stone floor absorbs heat and holds it for unrivalled heat retention, cooking your pizza from the bottom up. Its microporous composition also withdraws moisture from the dough as it bakes, making your pizza base extra crispy.
- Super-efficient insulation: Thick layers of insulation between the inner shell and outer casing allow the Roccbox to reach up to 500°C and retain heat for longer, so you can continue cooking pizzas, one after the other, without dropping the quality or waiting for the oven to heat back up.
- Built-in thermometer: Check the temperature at a glance, so you’ll never have to guess when your food is ready.
- Yellow Silicon SafeTouch™ jacket: This ensures wandering hands won’t get burned, making the Roccbox the perfect family-friendly garden gadget.
- Retractable legs: Easily adjustable and compact, making it easy to pack up and fit in the car ready for your next adventure.
- Free Placement Peel: an essential accessory for any pizza oven that enables you to take the pizza straight from plate to stone and back again . Included for free.
The Roccbox Yellow LE is retailing at $799 for the gas-only option that comes with a placement peel (valued at $119). Gozney is also offering accessories for the Roccbox including a cover ($69), turning peel ($99) and Roccbox Wood Burner 2.0 ($199).
Australians can purchase their Roccbox and accessories by going to the Gozney website.