D-Link ANZ have added the DCS-960L to their lineup of connected devices. The Wide Eye HD 180˚ panoramic camera is being pitched as a cost saving, reducing the number of cameras required to cover the same area. Many security cameras offer a 130° view, while the 180° means you see more and avoid the gaps created by a panning camera.
While 360 degree cameras are all the rage, unless you plan on hanging an eyeball in the middle of you’re room, much of the field of view would be capturing a wall, so the 180 strikes the right balance. This allows you to place it anywhere in the room, not just in corners which increases the chance you’ll capture intruders and likely avoid detection, as it can be placed in less obvious places.
Managing Director of D-Link ANZ, Graeme Reardon said,
“Previously cameras with this advanced level of technology were reserved only for businesses, however, that’s no longer the case. D-Link has been pushing the boundaries of home security products as we know both safety and security are increasingly on people’s agendas. With that in mind it’s fair to say the DCS-960L Wide Eye HD 180˚ Panoramic Camera is a truly groundbreaking new way to achieve the ultimate surveillance of a room from a single device.”
The DCS-960L camera is aimed at the homes and businesses use cases. The camera offers HD video quality with an integrated microphone, day and night capability and can be setup to record when motion is detected. Something not always found on security cameras is the ability to start recording if a sound above a set volume is detected, like that of smashing glass, closing doors or even conversations between criminals, which would trigger an alert upon activation.
As with many D-Link devices, the the Wide Eye HD 180˚ can be monitored remotely via mydlink service, securely viewed and managed via a smartphone, tablet or PC.
There’s a 16GB microSD card included, which is great to see, allowing you to record video locally onto the camera, avoiding monthly fees for online storage.
- 180 Degree Field of View– Widest angle lens on a fixed consumer camera, ideal for large rooms and areas with multiple entry points
- HD 720p Quality Video– Rich detail and crisp image quality for monitoring your home
- Unique De-Warping Technology– Maximises video quality with less distortion
- Wireless AC– Latest dual-band Wi-Fi technology for better bandwidth and improved range
- Motion and Sound Detection – Push alerts notify you of detected motion or sound
- Local Recording– 16GB MicroSD card for local recording
- Night Vision – See up to five metres in complete darkness with built-in IR LEDs