If you care at all about the amount of speed and/or price that your paying for internet in Australia, or frustrated by the download caps we’re forced to endure, then you definitely want to check out the video above.
It’s a really well produced video, engaging, informative and Seamus Byrne really deserves some credit for putting this one together. [insert pats on back here].
- Australia gets new undersea, international connection.
- Cable should be active in September.
- Project cost around $200 million.
- Will increase Australia’s broadband capacity by around 50%.
- Independently owned, rather than current connections owned by Tier 1 ISPs.
- iiNet and Internode already have commitments to make use of the new connection.
- With increased competition, data caps should increase 🙂
Overall, this sounds like great thing for Australian business (assuming ure not a greedy ISP) and consumers.
More @ Gizmodo