Australian audio company BlueAnt, has done something different with it’s new IP67 waterproof rating X-3D MAX Wireless Bluetooth speaker, with 4 active speaker drivers each driven by their own dedicated and optimised amplifier channel.
With a weight of 959g and dimensions of 22cm high and 8cm across comparatively, X-3D MAX is a similar size and shape as the UE Megaboom 3 but is $50 cheaper.
Blueant says the 40-Watt X-3D MAX active architecture allows crystal clear mids at all volume levels, resulting in musical instrument separation and transparency normally only heard in much more expensive speakers.
The X-3D Max is one of the only portable bluetooth speakers on the market to offer continuous play; listeners simply need to plug in the supplied fast charger, and the X-3D MAX will provide endless uninterrupted audio.
Each speaker features BlueAnt’s patented Shimmerweave fabric and comes in four colours: Slate Black, Nobility Blue, Coral Chic and Boudoir Red.
Two X-3D MAX speakers can be paired to provide a seamless audio experience and a wider soundstage for the event of choice. And after the initial set-up of duo mode, reconnection is as simple as turning both speakers on again.
The launch of the X-3D MAX follows years of research and development from the company’s dedicated team of sound engineers, according to BlueAnt CEO Taisen Maddern.
“We’ve taken the best of the experiences, expertise and designs of our speakers to date, and incorporated them into the X-3D MAX”.
“The result is a best-in-class speaker that re-defines its form factor and makes endless uninterrupted audio accessible at last for Australians. You won’t need another portable speaker for the home or the road.”
“Every instrument is delivered with crystal-clear clarity, and the speaker delivers the desired experience for the listener; from podcasts to punk and from hip hop to heavy metal, this gives the audience what it wants.”
The X-3D MAX features two 50mm active woofers, two 20mm active tweeters and two passive radiators, designed to deliver audio consistently regardless of the angle and to expand the soundstage.
In addition, it features Bluetooth 5.3 with A2DP and HFP profiles for faster connectivity and smoother playback, as well as an AUX 3.5mm jack for those keen on wired audio connections to a sound system, TV or some smartphones and tablets.
- Portable 40-Watt Bluetooth Speaker offers up to 12 hours of playtime at moderate volume
- Continuous play-capable with supplied AC Fast Charger
- 2 x 50mm active woofers, 2 x 20mm active tweeters, and 2 x passive radiators
- Bluetooth 5.3 (A2DP and HFP capable) and AUX 3.5mm playback options
- Duo mode can connect two X-3D MAX speakers
- IP67 waterproof rating
- Features one-touch controls for easy operation
- Built-in microphone for calls on the go
- Comes in four colours: Slate Black, Nobility Blue, Coral Chic and Boudoir Red.
- Power Requirements – DC 5V-15V 3A
- Power Output – 15W*2 + 5W*2 @10% THD
- Battery – 3.7V 7000 mAh
- Total Max Power Output – 40W
- Frequency Response – 75Hz-20kHz
- AUX in Jack – 3.5mm
- Operating Temperature – 5°C-40°C
- Bluetooth(R) Version – 5.3
- Bluetooth Profiles – A2DP, HFP