Carboncast version 1.3 has just reached the WP8 Marketplace. For those who already own Carboncast, then it will appear as a free update, for those that haven’t yet discovered Carboncast, you can try it for free, then buy it if you like.
In the latest release, I’ve responded to more user feedback with more features and also tidied up some code to squash some bugs. Check out the full list of changes below.
Carboncast V1.3 Features
- Version accent colour updated to Blue
- Lock screen support added
- Updated layout of Discover + Search
- Increased Skip amount from 30sec to 1min
- Added ‘Cleanup Playlist’ option (reduce app size)
- Added 5by5 Network
- Added login to paid podcasts (beta)
- Added Download subscriptions list via email
- Added Playback % required before delete
- Tap episodes to play
- Show back catalogue of episodes for subscription
- Fixed Cancel buttons on download page
- Reduce the size of the app
- Many bug fixes
Feedback from some existing users is highlighting there may an issue upgrade from v1.2 to v1.3. An emergency fix (v1.3.1 has been submitted), until that’s approved, existing users may need to uninstall and reinstall the app.
The last few versions have been published rather quickly and features have been added rapidly. In the next release we’re going to take the focus off new features for a second and allocate the bulk of time to squashing the remaining bugs. I know there are some, the apps not perfect, but with time it’s going to look mighty close.
Please feel free to keep giving feedback and request new features and come v1.5 Carboncast will be hands-down, no questions asked, the best Podcast app on Windows Phone 8. It has been fantastic to get great review from you guys and flattering that some people think there’s a team of developers behind this, in reality, there’s just 1, me.
Download Carboncast v1.3 now – http://tinyurl.com/carboncast