Global leader in drones, DJI, has teased a new announcement, scheduled for May 18, 2023, at 9:00 AM (EDT), or 11:00 AM (AEST). While most of you will have encountered consumer-level drones from DJI, the company offers a wide range of commercial drones, including the Matrice 300 RTK.
It looks like that flagship is about to be surpassed with a new model and given the incredible capabilities of the Matrice 300, it’ll take some beating.
Currently, DJI’s best enterprise drone offers a massive 55-minute flight time, a 15km transmission range, a max speed of up to 82.8 km/h and the big one, it can support up to 3 payloads (lights, cameras etc). What’s wild about it, is that it can fly in the rain, with its IP45 rating it also can operate in climates ranging from -20℃ up to 50℃, really highlighting how capable it is, compared to consumer-level drones.
With AI spot-check, you can mark objects of interest, then on future missions, go capture the same object. The Matrice platform also allows for hot-swappable batteries, along with rapid replacement of batteries, without turning off the drone.
It’s clear that these commercial drones are incredibly capable, which makes the task of improving on an already great platform, even more difficult.
If you’re interested in drones, or how they can apply in the commercial and industrial space, then best block out the time in your calendar for the event titled ‘Fully Powered to Forge Ahead’.
DJI has other commercial products like the AGRAS T40, an agriculture drone with a 50kg payload. The AGRAS T40 is designed to help farmers sew seeds, fertilize crops, and spray pesticides more efficiently and effectively than ever before.
The AGRAS T40 is equipped with a powerful coaxial twin-rotor system that can carry a payload of up to 50kg. This allows the drone to carry a large number of seeds, fertilizer, or pesticides, which can be applied to a large area in a short amount of time. The AGRAS T40 also features a dual atomized spraying system that can deliver precise and uniform applications of pesticides.
In addition to its powerful payload and spraying system, the AGRAS T40 is also equipped with a variety of advanced features that make it ideal for agricultural use. These features include:
- A built-in UHD camera for real-time mapping and obstacle avoidance
- An adjustable gimbal for precise control of the camera
- A D-RTK 2 Mobile Station for high-precision positioning
- A DJI Smart Agriculture cloud platform for data management and analysis
The AGRAS T40 is a powerful and versatile agriculture drone that can help farmers improve their crop yields and productivity. The drone’s large payload, precise spraying system, and advanced features make it ideal for a variety of agricultural applications.
Here are some of the benefits of using the DJI AGRAS T40:
- Increased efficiency: The AGRAS T40 can cover a larger area in a shorter amount of time than traditional methods, such as using tractors and sprayers. This can save farmers time and money.
- Improved accuracy: The AGRAS T40 can apply pesticides more precisely than traditional methods, which can help to reduce the amount of pesticide used and protect the environment.
- Increased safety: The AGRAS T40 can fly over crops without damaging them, which can help to reduce the risk of accidents.
The DJI AGRAS T40 is a powerful and versatile agriculture drone that can help farmers improve their crop yields and productivity. The drone’s large payload, precise spraying system, and advanced features make it ideal for a variety of agricultural applications.