Image source: Internet Watch
Eugene Kaspersky is one of the security industry’s most important minds. Guiding a team of talented security professionals at Kaspersky Lab to produce antivirus and security programs since 1997. Its an exciting time for the security industry, with new and unique ways to fight the bad guys. In recent times we’ve seen the Sony hack, the first serious attack on the Mac and Microsoft enter the market with the free Security Essentials. I’ll discuss these and more hot topics with Eugene throughout the day.
Today I’ll be spending the day in Melbourne with Eugene Kaspersky, the outline for the day is listed below.
- Meet Eugene Kaspersky and Andrew Mamonitis (Manager for Kaspersky Australia and New Zealand)
- Eugene meeting with Lord Mayor Robert Doyle.
- Interview Eugene Kaspersky / KIS/KAV 2012 product overview
- Auscarts Racing
- Chat with Nigel, Technical Services Manager at Kaspersky Lab
- AFL football match (Carlton vs Melbourne).
Stay up-to-date with this unique event by following the hashtag #KasperskyDay. Feel free to post questions, I’ll put them to Eugene and post his reply. There’ll be plenty of photos and posts throughout the day, so keep your browser tuned to techAU.