Meta, formerly known as Facebook, has announced the Meta Quest 3, its next-generation virtual reality headset. The Quest 3 is set to be released in the fall of 2023, and it promises to be a major upgrade over the Quest 2.
Here’s everything we know about the Meta Quest 3 so far:
- Design: The Quest 3 has a new, slimmer design that is said to be more comfortable to wear. It also has a new faceplate that is made of a softer, more breathable material.
- Display: The Quest 3 has a higher-resolution display than the Quest 2, with a resolution of 2064 × 2208 per eye. This will result in sharper images and text and runs at 120Hz.
- Comfort: 40% slimmer than Quest 2 (as compared without facial interfaces).
- Performance: The Quest 3 is powered by a new processor that is said to be twice as fast as the processor in the Quest 2. This will result in smoother performance and better graphics.
- Storage: The Quest 3 will be available in two storage options: 128GB and 256GB.
- Price: The Quest 3 will start at $499.99 USD.
With a more comfortable design, a higher-resolution display, a faster processor, and more storage options, the Quest 3 could be the perfect Christmas gift this year.
Here are some of the features that we are most excited about:
- The new design is much more comfortable to wear for extended periods of time.
- The higher-resolution display provides a much sharper and more immersive experience.
- The faster processor makes VR games and apps run smoother and look better.
- The additional storage options give you more space to store your games and apps.
Overall, we think the Meta Quest 3 is a VR headset that improves on the last generation and targets both casual and hardcore users.
Apple is rumoured to be working on a virtual reality (VR) headset, and there have been a number of reports about its development in recent years.
The price of Apple’s VR headset is unlikely to be cheap, with a rumoured price tag of around $3,000. This would make it significantly more expensive than other VR headsets on the market.
Apple’s VR headset is rumoured to come with its own operating system, called rOS. rOS is said to be based on iOS and will be designed specifically for VR applications.
Apple’s WWDC developer conference is on this Monday and is expected to be the launch event for Apple’s VR headset.