The latest episode of the podcast is now available. The show notes are available below, along with download links. If you prefer to stream it live, then the YouTube version is available at the bottom of this post. Don’t forget you can subscribe to techAU via iTunes and Zune.
· August 29
· Coverage limited to 5km from the GPO in Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane initially.
· 4G USB modem will be dual mode, failing back to 3G.
· Available initially to select business customers
· $0 upfront on the $49 Telstra Mobile Broadband Standard Plan over 24 months inc 7GB data.
The aim of this conference is to give an insight into how Australian developers are achieving success on the App Store, and forging full-time jobs and careers out of cultivating their ideas and publishing their creations on Apple’s App Store. For more information and details about the event, please visit http://onemorething.com.au
Saturday 13th August, 2011
Revolt Theatre, Kensington, Victoria
· Eyebrows, mouth, arms tracked.
· Fingers + movement side to side not tracked
· A number of environments
WP7 Mango Update
· Developers have the build, can’t talk about it
· Will be called 7.5
· Bunch of new manufacturers / phones coming at launch
· Launch expected around September
Google Plus Update
· Use case very limited
· Some reporting better engagement vs facebook and twitter
· UI holding it back
· Hangouts are cool, but rarely need to use them.
· +1 button is the best of all sharing buttons
· First look at the game at Gamescom 2011 from August 17 – August 21, and at PAX Prime (Booth #3417) from August 26 – August 28
· Microsoft tech conference
· 30th Aug – 2nd September
· WP7.5 should be on display
· 2 early for Windows 8, Build conference isn’t till Sept 13th. (Sold out, streamed live)
· Tuesday 9th August
· Will you complete it online?
· Estimations are that 1/3 of Australians will
· Government collects data to make planning decisions
· In your best interest to complete it accurately
Finding Twitter stats for your area is hard
· How many people are tweeting in your area ? Who is the most active ? What are they talking about (trends) ?
· Most twitter search services use data from tweets, not profiles
· http://Tweepz.com is closest, but data is out of date
· Opportunity for someone to create an app that services this need
· Coming soon (before the end of the year)
· No pricing
· Unlimited access and listening to music from Mac, PC, Mobile
· 6 and 8 million tracks from 100,000 artists
· Microsoft Zune missed their chance ?