The latest update to your PS3 is now available. What does it include ?
- New (sparkly) animated background.
- Various elements of the XMB has been redesigned for better viewing and easier use.
- A new menu item under the Playstation Network – [What’s New].
- New Profile overview (Top Right), displaying time, messages, etc.
- Audio can support multiple outputs simultaneously.
- Right stick now controls video playback.
- Press the PS button on the control to display remaining battery.
So should you rush an upgrade ? Probably not. But if you’ve got some spare time, it’s an update worth taking care of. Also there’s something to be said for that feeling of knowing your running the latest software.