As our escalating thirst for internet overtakes us, we need to take every step possible to make sure the internet coming into our homes reaches our devices at the highest speed possible. Pair that need with the increasing availability of the NBN in many parts of Australia (now available to 1,961,259 premises), it is likely you’ll soon need to make a decision on upgrading your aging router.
D-Link have just launched their latest which could be a real contender for your shortlist. The D-Link DIR-895L is an 802.11 AC5300 and MU-MIMO compatible router which has a spider look to it with no less than 8 antennas extending from its shiny red, pyramid base to achieve maximum performance.
The new router achieves its speed using the latest wave of Wi-Fi technology, smart antenna intelligence, of course has gigabit ports and is NBN compatible. An aggressive router design may not be something you initially think you want, but it’ll certainly make for a great talking point with guests. Gone are the days where boring white rectangles adorn our kitchen benches, instead routers today are there to stand up and be counted. Ultimately this is from the D-Link ULTRA performance series and features eight high-powered antennas to maximise coverage and speed to even the largest of homes.
D-Link ANZ MD Graeme Reardon said,
“Following on from the success of our DIR-890L AC3200 Wi-Fi Router which was the first from the Ultra Performance Series, the DIR-895L continues D-Link’s philosophy of innovation by being built with the best speed, coverage and processing power available. One feature particularly worth mentioning is Multi-User MIMO, which when combined with Multi-User MIMO enabled devices, provides the next level of Wi-Fi performance.
Anyone who has ever lost their Wi-Fi signal while gaming or streaming movies on Netflix can benefit immensely from the advanced features and chart topping wireless speeds and coverage this new router offers. Investing in the latest wave of Wi-Fi technology, you can be assured that the DIR-895L will futureproof your home network.”
DIR-895L key features at a glance
- 1.4GHz Dual Core Processor – Faster processing power for supporting enhanced network speeds
- 4×4 Data Streams – Supports four simultaneous data streams for increased throughput
- MU-MIMO Technology* – Provides a High-bandwidth Wi-Fi signal to multiple devices simultaneously
- Smart Connect – Automatically assigns devices to the best possible wireless band available for optimal performance
- Advanced AC SmartBeam – Tracks your connected devices for enhanced Wi-Fi speed and range
- Tri-Band Wi-Fi – Two 5GHz bands and one 2.4GHz band for faster Wi-Fi speeds
- Intelligent QoS – Traffic optimisation to help prioritise network traffic so video streaming, gaming, and VoIP calls run smoother over both wired and wireless networks
- Intuitive UI – Controlling your network is easier than ever with the easy to navigate user interface
- Eight High Power Antennas – Maximum coverage throughout your home
- mydlink™ Cloud – Monitor your network from any PC, smartphone or tablet
- USB 3.0 – Up to 10x faster than USB 2.0
- Easy Setup – Easy installation with web-based setup wizard or Quick Router Setup (QRS) app
The DIR-895L AC5300 Ultra Wi-Fi Router has an RRP of AUD$699.95 and is available now at www.dlink.com.au and all major retailers and resellers across Australia. Note that the MU-MIMO technology requires future firmware upgrade to enable.