D-Link have announced their latest connected device, the new Omna 180 Cam HD. This is the first in its Omna family of Apple HomeKit-enabled devices which will actually sell through Apple’s online store. The camera will also be sold in Apple’s Australian retail stores later this month.
The Omna 180 Cam HD is designed to let you monitor your home while you’re away for some extra peace of mind. If you have a furry friend at home, it’d also work great as a pet monitor to make sure those expensive cushions don’t turn into food for your Roomba.
The HomeKit integration allows users to be “always home” and includes advanced security features with end-to-end encryption and authentication between the camera and an iPhone or iPad. When motion is detected, you receive a notification, directly to the lock screen, delivered via the Apple Home app, showing a live feed from the camera. Its also good to know you can call up the camera feed at any time, not just on motion events.
In terms of design, it looks good, with styling closer to that of a high-end salt and pepper shaker than a typical security camera.
D-Link ANZ MD Graeme Reardon said,
“Omna is the first in our range of connected home devices that uses all of D-Link’s very latest technological advancements and features. Being the first to launch an Apple HomeKit-enabled camera makes this product and those to follow even more exciting for consumers.”
For those playing at home, the model number is DSH-C310 and if you have a new baby in the nursery, or need to check on an elderly relative, or just checking on your home while you’re on holidays, this is a device worth considering.
- Apple HomeKit enabled – The Omna™ 180 Cam HD sets up in seconds thanks to Apple HomeKit technology. Simply use your camera to scan the unique HomeKit accessory code included with the product, and you’re up and running.
- 180-Degree Field of View – Omna is derived from the Latin word ‘omnis’ meaning all-encompassing. Most cameras offer a limited 130-degree lens, while D-Link’s unique 180-degree solutions and de-warping technology allow users to see just about everywhere and everything.
- Dynamic Video Streaming – The video bitrate continuously adjusts to ensure optimal performance given the available bandwidth.
- Two-Way Audio – Listen and speak using the camera’s built-in microphone and speaker, so even when users are not at home they can still make their presence known.
- Night Vision – See up to 5 meters in complete darkness with infrared night vision.
- Motion Detection – Triggers alerts and automatic video clip recording
- Local Recording –Record motion detection triggered video clips directly to a microSD2 card up to 128GB, with remote playback capabilities. Offers pre-event snapshot and recording, with more flexibility on recording video locally to the camera without impacting network or Internet bandwidth. All with no recurring monthly fees.
- Stylish Design – The camera is designed to fit effortlessly into the modern home with an elegant, discreet and stylish design.
Availability and Pricing
- Omna 180 Cam HD is available for purchase now at apple.com.au, apple.co.nz and will be available at Apple stores later this month.
- The Omna 180 Cam HD will retail for AUD$329.95 and NZ$349.95