To celebrate the 2013 F1 season and to celebrate their global sponsorship of Mercedes McLaren and Jenson Button, Vodafone have developed a new game called ‘Lap Racer’. The game is a 3/4 view racing game where you control Jenson’s F1 car around the track. While the controls are basic, getting a good lap time is not.
Lead foots will end up being slower if you enter a turn too fast and hit a wall. Although the camera is locked, the 3D graphics are pretty decent, showing off that gorgeous car with the feeling of a real track including overhead bridges and shadows.
We’ve managed to a double pass to the Australian F1 Grand Prix to give away to a techAU reader! To be in the running for the comp, you need to leave a comment on this post. I want to see three things in the comment:
- 1. The time you got in Lap Racer
- 2. How you found out about techAU
- 3. Your favourite F1 moment.
Make sure you use an email address when leaving a comment so we can contact you if you win! Winners will be chosen at random and more posts won’t increase your chances.
It’s not a complicated game, it’s just easy and fun for everyone. Can you beat Jenson Button’s LapRacer time?
If you miss out on the prize here at techAU, don’t worry, Vodafone’s main competition is giving away Daily prizes between now and March 6th. The major prize includes:
- A 4 day VIP pass for two to the 2013 Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne where you’ll meet Jenson Button and Sergio Pérez, along with return economy flights and 4 nights’ accommodation
- Experience the mind-blowing speed of the Albert Park circuit for real in the incredible Formula 1 Swisse 2-seater car (you’ll enjoy a guided garage tour and Team hospitality as well)
- 2nd place prize is a framed Vodafone McLaren Mercedes cap and photo memorabilia, plus 3rd place prize is “McLaren – The Art of Racing” book
- Plus, the fastest time each day will win Vodafone McLaren Mercedes merchandise. The competition ends 6 March 2013 and you must be a Vodafone or 3 customer to win 1st, 2nd or 3rd prizes
More information at http://www.vodafone.com.au/personal/formula1
Disclaimer: Vodafone also provided techAU with a double pass to the Australian F1.